Sweet Potatoes are usually served boiled, mashed and roasted but as a sorbet?
A good source of potassium, fibre and vitamin C sweet potatoes are also one of the most versatile vegetables available, as this sweet potato sorbet recipe demonstrates.
This unique way of enjoying sweet potatoes provides a refreshing and delicious treat or dessert, perfect for sharing with family and friends during the summer months.
Sweet Potato Sorbet
200g Sweet potato juice
1) To obtain the sweet potato juice, peel some sweet potatoes and put through a juicer.
2) Place the sugar in a heavy base pan with the water and bring to the boil.
3) Remove from the heat and stir in the sweet potato juice.
4) Leave to cool down before churning it in an ice cream ...
Foodies Festival is delighted to return to Hampton Court Palace this May. The UK’s largest celebration of food and drink will see visitors flock from the surrounding areas to feast on the vast array of culinary activities for the fifth consecutive year at Hampton Court Palace. Foodies Festivals also take place at Brighton, Tatton Park in Cheshire, Clapham Common London, Bristol, Edinburgh, Battersea Park London and Oxford.
Top chefs, including Ed ...
BrandAlley, the online destination for savvy-shoppers and discount designer living returns to the RHS Chelsea Flower Show this year with a garden of contrasts. Inspired by city living, where space is precious, the design represents a no-compromise expression of our public and private faces, which are so interdependent.
Designed by award winning gardener Paul Hervey-Brookes, the 'BrandAlley Garden' has been designed to be an extension of your home, and as a ...
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson today announced funding for thousands of new trees and a week of events to encourage Londoners to appreciate their local trees and woodland.
• New funding round for 5,000 new street trees
• £100,000 for tree and woodland community projects
• Call for Londoners to take part in first ever ‘London Tree Week’ (11th -18th May)
• RE:LEAF tree and woodland awards at City Hall (Wednesday 15th May)