Monday, 14th November 2011
Roasted Root Vegetables with Coriander and Lemon Thyme Recipe
(For 4 people)
- 8 small carrots (purple, white, orange), peeled and cut lengthwise (or quartered depending on size)
- 8 baby beets (red, pink, yellow), peeled and cut in halves (or quartered depending on size)
- 8 radishes, long and round, cut lengthwise
- 4 turnips, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5 twigs of lemon thyme, finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Recipe and photograph taken from La Tartine Gourmande by Beatrice Peltre
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Have a baking dish or a baking sheet covered with parchment paper ready.
- In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with the garlic, coriander, lemon thyme and ginger (if using). Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil to coat–I like to toss them using my hands.
- Transfer the vegetables to the dish or baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, or until they are fork tender. Serve them to accompany a meat or fish, with a cooked grain like rice, millet or quinoa.
- Of course, any carrots, beets or radishes will do.